Monday, 21 February 2011

There's a Mice in my Hice

 I live in a very old cottage in Wiltshire and nothing really surprises me any more, but even I had to raise an eyebrow when my pantry ceiling electrocuted me last Thursday.

The ceiling was evidently quite damp and when I put my hand on it to check how bad it was, the leaking electricity from the ceiling light earthed through me.
Needless-to-say the eyebrow raising wasn’t intentional.

My brilliant local plumber came round to have a look and found that a mouse had chewed through a soon-to-be-replaced plastic water pipe.
There doesn’t seem to be long term damage, except to my wallet and the fact that it made a long day an awful lot longer.

The moral of this tale is to never underestimate the power of a single mouse and think about the application of the materials you use in a project….

Old house+plastic pipes+mouse=potential flood and a big repair bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment